The Bissell 1940 PowerFresh Steam Mop is one of the flagship products of Michigan based- Bissell Homecare, a world-leading floor care product manufacturer. It honestly wouldn’t generate a buzz and positive reviews on the web if it was not a premium product.
Taking pride in its cleverly-designed steam mop and wisely-added features, the Bissell 1940 Powerfresh Steam Mop might just be the one you’re looking for. It is designed for comfortable use and it comes with two spring breeze fragrance discs leaving your floor not only tidy but smelling amazingly fresh as well.
Features of the Bissell 1940 PowerFresh Steam Mop
As fresh and as powerful as its name suggests, this Bissell product is equipped with wonderful features that should satisfy the inner clean-freak in you.
- The mop’s built-in microfiber pads have a microban antimicrobial protection that keeps them safe and secure from germs and other bacteria.
- It has two types of microfiber cleaning pads — the first one is soft, while the other one is scrubby. Great for cleaning different types of surfaces.
- As mentioned earlier, the 1940 PowerFresh has two accompanying scent discs for added freshness. They are tucked into a little pocket located inside of the pad.
- Its rectangular mop head has a generous width of 12.5 inches. It can reach into corners easily.
- The water tank of this steam mop can hold a maximum of 15 ounces.
- It is also packed with a flip-down easy scrubber that cleans up tougher stains.
- The mop has a three-setting steam control allowing you to choose low, medium or high depending. A higher level means it will emit more steam.
- It is lightweight weighing in at only 6 pounds.
- Its cord is 23-feet long.
- It also has an ergonomically-shaped handle that aids in comfort and its soft grip also makes it perfect when using for extended lengths of time.
- This mop is easy to assemble.
- It can be used to clean a broad range of floor types from tile, vinyl, marble, and stone to hardwood.
- This steam mop can stand up on its own.
- Its pads are made of antimicrobial material.
- The pads are machine washable.
- The mop head can easily fit under furniture and can align evenly along baseboard edges. It also swivels so you can clean the areas around corners and your furniture.
- Does your flooring have grooves or patterns? This mop’s thick pads with extra cushion will clean them.
- Spreading fragrant vibes across the floor is easily done with its spring breeze fragrance discs.
- The mop is simple to operate. All you have to do is plug it in, fill the tank with water and wait for about 30 seconds for the indicator light to come on and you are ready to go.
- It doesn’t have a carpet glider. If your house has carpet, you need to purchase it separately.
- There are other steam mops with longer power cords, though for the majority of people, 23 feet is an acceptable length.
- It does not have a cooling pad. Be careful so as not to leave this mop unattended for any length of time.
- Though it claims it has an “EasyScrubber,” you may need to exert extra effort when you are trying to clean grout in your tile floors.
- The mop’s setting buttons are located on lower body’s front portion requiring you to bend over for you to reach them.
Steam mops are being chosen over their regular counterparts for three main reasons — easy to use, easy to maintain, and easy to store. Finding the best one that could fit your needs might be a little tedious, but it will be worth it.
The 1940 PowerFresh Steam Mop, manufactured by one of the world’s leading homecare firms, Bissell, is a great find if you fall into any of these categories:
- You have a house or apartment or any other kind of lodging with sealed flooring.
- You are looking for a steam mop that is capable of cleaning and at the same time add freshness to your floor.
- You don’t want to spend much time assembling it.
Bear in mind that if you’re looking for a steam mop that can effectively sanitize your floor, you might need to find another one. Despite this issue, the Bissell 1940 PowerFresh should provide the floor-cleaning that you need.