Open Handy Stuff

Open Handy Stuff

O-Cedar Microfiber Steam Mop Review

O-Cedar Microfiber Steam Mop Review

Steam mops are more efficient, more sanitary and have a faster drying time compared to their regular counterparts. If you’re a rookie consumer when it comes to steam mops, you might find it draining and frustrating to find the best one available.

Of course, you would want some reliable facts and reviews about the brand you are thinking about purchasing.  And if you’re doing research about the well-acclaimed steam mop from O-Cedar, you’ve landed on the right page.

Features of the O-Cedar Microfiber Steam Mop

The O-Cedar Microfiber Steam Mop is one of the best-reviewed products of O-Cedar, a firm whose roots can be traced back to the early 1900s. The company is known for taking cleaning to the next level.

This innovative cleaning mop is the first steam mop offered by the century-old institution. It is packed with different features that stick to O-Cedar’s strong commitment.

  • This O-Cedar product measures 12 inches wide, 8 inches long and 50 inches high.
  • Its water tank can be filled up to 14 ounces.
  • This product heats up fast, 20 seconds from plug-in to steaming.
  • It’s an excellent choice for families because it kills 99.9 percent of bacteria even without the use of cleaning chemicals. It was also successfully tested on the E.coli bacteria.
  • Its pad, composed of 91 percent polyester (the other 9 percent being other materials), absorbs water better when compared to its competitors. This feature helps your floor dry faster than the usual.
  • The mop works on all sealed hard floor surfaces, including laminate, wood, and tile.
  • Its adjustable steam level settings are helpful if your house has different types of floor surfaces. Choose the minimum for more delicate floors; maximum for sealed hard floors.
  • At only 5 pounds, this microfiber cleaning mop is lightweight and compact.
  • It has a uniquely-designed triangular mop head making it a perfect mopping buddy if you have some corner cleaning to do. It can also make it easier for you to wipe off dust around furniture.
  • It comes with a snap-on glider that helps refresh carpets, plus an extra microfiber pad.


  • The mop’s super absorbent microfiber pads are washable and reusable saving you a lot of time and money! However, they are only good for about 25 uses.
  • It has a self-protective technology. The mode is triggered when you are refilling. The LED turns red, indicating that you cannot use the device. Once it turns back to green, you can resume mopping.
  • The O-Cedar mop has a snap-on slider that most mops do not have. Their first ever steam mop model comes along with a carpet glider that helps keep the carpet’s surface fresh.


  • A couple of reviews claim that this mop’s pads are hard to clean and be tainted with spots still even after they come out of the washer.
  • This steam mop model has an opaque water tank making it difficult to know exactly how much water is left in it.
  • Though the manufacturer says ordinary tap water is safe to use, it’s better to just avoid it. Previous buyers have stated that because there is not a limescale build-up sensor, the owner will not be aware if the tap water has caused lime to build up inside the unit.


O-Cedar has been producing quality products since the 1900s. It’s very first steam mop unit is theO-Cedar Microfiber Steam Mop.

Well-designed, versatile, lightweight and compact, this floor-cleaner is a top-notch item that delivers what its manufacturer has promised.

As far as this is concerned, this steaming mop is indeed reliable and a good fit if you want to have something that quickly generates steam, lets floors dry quickly and has a swivel head to clean even the tightest corners and under furniture.

However, you should consider that this is only a steam mop. If you want to get better results, you should vacuum the floors first before using O-Cedar microfiber cleaning mop.

If you’re looking for a steam mop that could also pass as a steam vacuum, this might not be the one for you.

Related Articles

Bissell 1940 PowerFresh Steam Mop

Bissell 1940 PowerFresh Steam Mop Review

The Bissell 1940 PowerFresh Steam Mop is one of the flagship products of Michigan based- Bissell Homecare, a world-leading floor care product manufacturer. It honestly wouldn’t generate a buzz and positive reviews on the web if it was not a premium product. Taking pride in its cleverly-designed steam mop and[…]

Read More »
Shark Genius Steam Pocket Mop System

Shark Genius Steam Pocket Mop System Review

Are you searching for a more convenient way to mop your floors? The Shark Genius Steam Pocket Mop System has been created to fast-track the process of mopping floors. If you’re new to steam mops, you will be surprised to see how incredibly beneficial they can be. However, picking out[…]

Read More »

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *