Developed and released by SharkNinja, the Shark Steam Pocket Mop S3501 is a great choice if you’re looking for an efficient way to clean the floors of your humble abode. It is designed to make your regular mopping tasks easier and faster without the help of harsh chemicals or bleach.
One of this mop’s primary highlights is that it lets you control the pressurized steam the way you want it to be. Swivel this cleaning body and clean your household from its corners to the smallest spaces in-between-furniture without spending the same amount of time and energy you use when you mop the traditional way.
Features of the Shark Steam Pocket Mop S3501
SharkNinja has already proven to be a maker of quality homecare products. Shark Steam Pocket Mop S3501 ranks itself among some of the firm’s most well-reviewed items. Check out some of the features we’ve listed to know why:
- This steam pocket mop is a lightweight weighing in at only weighs around 4 to 5 pounds.
- Its mop handle is around 51 inches tall; mop head 10 inches wide; power cord 20 feet long.
- This super-heated steam mop guarantees to provide 99.9% sanitization.
- S3501 is capable of deep-cleaning sealed, hard floors like wood, ceramic, marble, linoleum, tile and vinyl. Take note, however, that this cannot be used in laminated floors.
- This steam pocket is armed with a technology that gives “double-sided” cleaning using only a single pad.
- The mop’s two-sided pad is made up of microfiber materials that serve as a powerful tool to clean dust and ground-in dirt.
- It has an XL (15-ounce) water capacity, which can be heated to an average temperature of 159 degrees Celsius.
- Its on-demand technology also allows you to have super-heated steam using a natural push-to-pump mopping action. This lets you adjust the amount of steam you want to be utilized while cleaning a specific floor area and ultimately allows you to prevent excess water from being discarded from the water tank.
- The head of this mop swivels so you won’t have to move around that much just to reach tricky spots such as tight corners. It also flips over so you can make use of the other side.
- This mop’s cleaning pads are dubbed as “pockets” because when compared with other steam mops with flat counterparts, they are only attached at the bottom of the head. Shark’s are double-sided and wrapped around the head’s top and bottom parts.
- S3501 takes up 1200 watts of power in each hour of its use.
- The mop comes with two accessories that come in handy whenever you’re cleaning. It has one washable all-purpose cleaning pad and a filling funnel that makes water-filling more convenient.
- Aside from the fact that this comes in easy-to-open packaging, you also find it easy to start using. As soon as you plug the cord into the wall, it will start heating. There aren’t any buttons, on-switches, or triggers. A light indicator will let you know that the power is connected. Wait for just 30 seconds and you can start cleaning.
- The handle is large enough for it to be comfortably used either by someone who has small or large hands.
- Another good thing about this product is that it has a telescoping pole so you can adjust the mop to a height that works perfectly for you.
- The water tank of this SharkNinja is not only large, but it is also made with a clear window so you can see when you need to refill it.
- When in use, this steam mop is very quiet.
- The mop’s double-sided cleaning pad might require a little effort when attaching it to the head.
- While it takes pride in its “on-demand” technology, this very feature might actually be considered burdensome by some. This lets steam to be only emitted via the holes found in the bottom of the mop by pushing the handle. Once you pull it back, no steam will come out. You will have to pump the handle about 10 times to produce the steam that you need to proceed mopping.
- If you intend to clean carpets with this, you need to buy an additional attachment.
- There is an option to buy a triangle-shaped mop head that would also require you to buy compatible triangular pads. Though the mop’s head can be swiveled, it still may be too wide. If this is the case, it might be more economical to just buy another brand of steam mop.
- This mop couldn’t stand very well on its own. This may cause a storage problem.
The Shark Steam Pocket Mop S3501 is an affordable and compact steam mop that lets you clean your flooring with only a fraction of the energy you would use when cleaning it the traditional way.
It has both strong and weak points, but as many purchasers have stated, this might not be the right product for you if you are to use it to clean the floor of your office or a high traffic home.
But if you do opt to purchase this steam mop you will get a one-year warranty. The SharkNinja customer support is also proven to be helpful and reliable — another huge plus factor!